Buy Australian Trade Mark Concept Searches Online
You are purchasing this product from the trade mark legal team at Aspect Legal.
Why get a concept search done?
Choosing a new brand is a pivotal point for your business. It holds a great amount of risk – if you choose a name that is too similar to a trade mark belonging to someone else, you could face being on the end of an infringement action by the trade mark owner. If you choose a name or logo that is difficult to protect as a trade mark, you might be unable to stop other traders from using a similar name or logo. So understanding the landscape of registered trade marks, and trade mark law, is an essential component of making that important choice about the concept you will proceed with.
Our concept searching product offers brief searching of registered trade marks and advice from us on which of the concepts are most likely to be protectable.
Included in the service is:
- Quick review of identical trade mark registrations
- Review of phonetically similar marks in the relevant class
- We will search for all the concepts provided (either 5 or 7) in 1 class and provide an assessment of which concepts are likely to have the least amount of risk and which are likely to have the most risk.
- If you require more classes let us know and we will be able to advise whether there will be any additional costs.
- Note also that these are high level brief searches to help you get an idea of the landscape of current trademark registrations. If you require more thorough searches or full common law searches (for example if you have a high-risk mark) we can help you to arrange these.
Trademark Registration Services
If you decide to proceed to registration, we will then work with you to draft up your protection in the strongest possible way, so that you have the best protection available for your brand moving forward.
If you would like to test a mark with the trade marks office, we can help you file a quick-turn-around application which will provide you with an initial examination report from IP Australia and can easily be converted into a full trade mark application.
Let us know if you’re interested in registering your trade mark and we’ll talk you through what’s involved and the costs.